DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Gran Turismo News and Information

+13
vkaifh
MasterGT
redsoxboy80
Rooster722
group44
robiker
RackAttack
mmacek96
HWKII
timneyb
clacksman
Revengel
Forgetful
17 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 Empty Re: Gran Turismo News and Information

Post  RackAttack Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:59 pm

robiker wrote:
RackAttack wrote:

Though, I'm slightly disappointed I can't sell you mine now when I get my CSW Crying or Very sad

I might be interested.
Just started a new job last week, making lots more money.
Haven't had any trouble with my G25, but it's nearly 3 years old.

Cool, I'll keep you in mind when it comes time. They still haven't announced any CSW details, so I'm waiting as patiently as I can to decide between it and the CSR Elite. I saved the box and everything Very Happy
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 Empty Re: Gran Turismo News and Information

Post  group44 Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Forgetful wrote:I am down a few buttons though so I have to figure out new mapping.

Oh how we cry for you lol! Congrats and hope you get er dialed in soon! Pics to come I hope.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:29 pm

GT5 online server maintenance downtime 10-11 PM ish Eastern on Monday the 6th according to their news site.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:14 am

Doesn't seem to be anything too spiffy in the update.

Except now the cursor goes to the A-spec box every time you exit GTAuto. Suspect
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:23 am

The next GT5 update (2.05), Japan and Asia on the 15th of tomorrow, have planned Europe and America on the 16th. The expectation where stability the online rises.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:57 am

The expectation where stability, the online rises! cheers
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:31 am

Forgetful wrote:the 15th of tomorrow

lousy Smarch weather ...
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:52 pm

clacksman wrote:
Forgetful wrote:the 15th of tomorrow

lousy Smarch weather ...
lol!
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Any news on this update and what smexiness it brings? Other, of course, than the online rising where the expectation of stability is?
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:50 pm

HWKII wrote:Any news on this update and what smexiness it brings? Other, of course, than the online rising where the expectation of stability is?

If there was smexiness we'd have heard about cars or tracks or w/e by now.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:51 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:Any news on this update and what smexiness it brings? Other, of course, than the online rising where the expectation of stability is?

If there was smexiness we'd have heard about cars or tracks or w/e by now.

... I was honestly just hoping that Online Free Run Live Qualifying was fixed! drunken
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:40 am

Update in March includes 'GT5 Photo Stream" - pics you set to 'share' will be semirandomly viewable on a webpage

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/gt5news/d6232.html
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:13 pm

HWKII wrote:
... I was honestly just hoping that Online Free Run Live Qualifying was fixed! drunken

How is it broken currently?
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:47 pm

RackAttack wrote:
HWKII wrote:

How is it broken currently?

Same old untrustworthy ordering.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:25 am

25MB update to 2.05 this morning, said only to fix the online Cr & XP rewards issue.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:44 am

Maintenance of online services on the 23rd from 9AM to 6PM Eastern.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:58 pm

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6735896#post6735896

The Suspend/Resume Exploit
This affects all endurance races with variable weather - that's the Suzuka 1000km and the two 24 hour races. There's a number of bugs at play here, some of which we're already familiar with, but ultimately they can be triggered by one thing - suspending an endurance race and then resuming it later.

When you start a weather-change race, the weather is randomly-generated from a large field but it will most commonly settle on 100% wet and raining or 0% wet and clear. A preview will load, the AI cars will tootle round on a demonstration and they will select their tyres accordingly - you, of course, can select your tyres as you choose.

When you pit, you are given the option to Suspend the race. This saves your position as you enter the pits, along with the AI positions and quite a lot of other information (it looks like it adds about 2Mb to your gamesave) and allows you to quit the game.

When you load the game next, it will load up a new preview screen that allows you to Resume where you left off or quit. Here's where the bug surfaces. The new preview screen also randomly loads weather, the AI also tootle round on a demonstration and they also select their tyres based on this - bizarrely, one of the pieces of information that isn't stored in the gamesave is "current tyre grade".

These two images are from two successive Resumes. One shows 0% moisture and not raining - the AI cars on their demonstration ran Racing Hard tyres - and the other shows 100% moisture and not raining - the AI cars on their demonstration ran Racing Wet tyres. In fact the moisture level can be pretty much any value (I've seen the whole spectrum - from 7% through 43% and 83%) but, like the race preview, 0% and 100% are by far the commonest.

When you then Resume the race, all cars are on the tyres they were running in the demonstration (this includes the player car, which has a demo AI run too, but it's irrelevant as you're in the pits...), though the wear levels are retained! So if you're in a completely dry race and Resume with 100% moisture, the AI are now running old Racing Wet tyres that they burn out in a few corners, scrubbing 3 minutes or more off their Ring laptime.

Now, this is player-fixable for the most part. If your race isn't raining and your Resume Preview shows 100% moisture, it will fall - and quickly. Wait for it to reach the right level, Resume and you're golden. No cheating. If your race is raining and your Resume Preview shows 0% moisture, it will rise. Wait for it to reach the right level, Resume and you're golden. Alternatively, quit the game and reboot to get a new moisture level. However, if you're at an unusual level of moisture - say a drying track at 27% or a dampening track at 52% - you're screwed. It is also easily exploitable.

There are variants of this bug - and I experienced several corollary errors during my race - but this is the most basic form. GTP user Chemenu noted something a little different which I can't reconcile easily, but I imagine it's based on a bug within a bug. Emptyone also noted an instance of this bug - which I've confirmed for him.

So the issues at play are:
Tyre grade data not stored
Tyre grade selected at Preview screen (exploitable as seen in the B-Spec Spa Seasonal)
Preview screen conditions not tied to race conditions

Of course the problem is that now, long endurance races cannot be trusted. All it takes is a Suspend and you can win in anything. I Suspended and Resumed the race every three laps to get this quite apparent effect to win in a GT300 car. The cycle went like this:

Lap n: Resume; Leave pits; Pass stricken AI at Aremberg-Kallenhard; AI forced to pit behind me; Acquire 2 minute lead
Lap n+1: Fast lap
Lap n+2: Pit-in; Suspend; Resume and all AI are forced to pit behind me; lead of about a minute
Lap n+3: Leave pits;
Lap n+4: Fast lap; Hold AI up on Dottinger or allow them to pass and pit in their normal, 2 lap cycle
Lap n+5: Hold all AI up and allow past at Dottinger (so that they start a new lap); Pit-in, Suspend

Rinse, lather, repeat.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:35 pm

Rinse, lather, repeat is incorrect order. Doesn't anyone read the instructions on shampoo?

Not really GT5 news but sort of affects GT5. PSN maintenance on Thursday, 1 March from 8AM to 10PM eastern. Yes, all day.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/27/playstation-network-regular-scheduled-maintenance-on-thursday/
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:46 pm

So... the above means... you can cheat your way to a big lead in long enduro races?

But... you still have to actually drive for 24h, yes?

It would seem to me that the kind of people who run 24h offline races aren't likely all that interested in cutting corners?

Now, if this was a way to warp ahead in laps:
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV8ocUeGTiynrRhw-kNk93PpZs8u9CFFOIoEcRthGZohuy--l0FltdL5-n
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:42 pm

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/03/playstation-network-scheduled-maintenance-on-sunday/

As you may recall, we had postponed our scheduled PlayStation Network maintenance session from last Thursday to a time to be announced. It is now determined that maintenance will take place tomorrow (Sunday, March 4).
This significant PSN maintenance period is expected to start at just after noon Pacific and will last for several hours, until approximately 2am Pacific on Monday, March 5. Unlike typical maintenance events, consumers who are already signed-in to PSN will be signed-out, and consumers will be unable to sign in for the duration of the maintenance window. During this time, users won’t be able to access the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home, Account Management or play online. PSN enabled websites will not be able to service users, including this one.
Please stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for a notice when PSN is fully back online. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

No racing tomorrow Sad
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:43 pm

No wonder it worked all day Thursday.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Yeah, shut it down on the weekend. That's makes perfect sense. Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 2699404744
Rooster722
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:34 pm

Rooster722 wrote:Yeah, shut it down on the weekend. That's makes perfect sense. Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 3 2699404744

Bleep! Bleep!
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Vita I presume

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next