DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+20
robiker
redsoxboy80
DudeTuna
SWERV_GRIFFIN
Wiz
Redrkt
AgentWD40_FL
RackAttack
no_affiliations
jochenrindt
ooty
ttourist
group44
timneyb
vkaifh
Wallhugger60
Revengel
clacksman
Forgetful
HWKII
24 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  clacksman Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:24 am

Prize Silvias handed out.

Nissan
SILVIA spec-R AERO (GT Academy) '02

Measurements and performance stats identical to fresh-from-dealer plain version including weight balance, .1% limiter reducing hp by 1, and .4% limiter reducing pp by 1.
GT Auto aero, wheels and Racing Modification not possible.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  AgentWD40_FL Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:56 am

From the GTA Facebook page:

---

Kevin Knocke of IPL - IGN Pro League and Jordan Greer from GTPlanet will be commentating the GT Academy National Finals event on stream over at http://twitch.tv/iplracers. Make sure to follow the action on Friday, July 13th, and Saturday, July 14th
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:40 am

I enjoyed having a reason to use the GTA Leaf in something that gave slightly better-than-usual prizes despite the usual (and very tired) game mechanic of starting last with 5 laps to win.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Gar529 Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Is there a GTA thread? Rack is leading the first qualifer which will determine who gets eliminated to make 32, so he'll make it to the group stage!
Gar529
Gar529

http://GregRussellRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gar529 Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Rack was the fastest in the qualifier, and so he has won a Thrustmaster wheel and HumanRacing driving rig! Racer X has also supplanted one of the top 32, beating him by 7 seconds!
Gar529
Gar529

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Gar529 wrote:Rack was the fastest in the qualifier, and so he has won a Thrustmaster wheel and HumanRacing driving rig! Racer X has also supplanted one of the top 32, beating him by 7 seconds!

Saaaweeet rig Rack! Congrats man! That looked like almost 2 grand with wheel.

Racer X just ruined someones day.

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:12 pm

clap
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Rack is going to Silverstone!
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Pure Awesome. Congrats Rack, drive for the win Exclamation
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Gar529 Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:18 pm

Forgetful wrote:Rack is going to Silverstone!
So are redsoxboy and TX_Driven

clap
Gar529
Gar529

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Gar529 wrote:

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 17 459784477

Talented drivers are talented!
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Good job guys, and good luck at Silverstone!
robiker
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Gar529 wrote:

clap

clap clap clap
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:45 am

clap
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  redsoxboy80 Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:57 am

Yeah buddy!

redsoxboy80

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:09 am

GTAcademy R32 GT-Rs distributed.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Some good reading. Don't read too far down the replies if at work.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-new-definitive-hdtv-lag-faq.55593/
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  jochenrindt Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:35 am

Hey Gang,

Been awhile since I've posted or raced online (real life gets in the way sometimes)...Anyway, my trusty 2003 Volvo S60 is showing signs of wear (240,000 miles), and I can't just click it into the GT shop as in GT5...Was wondering what you younger guys would recommend as a replacement daily driver for a 49 year old GT5 and F12011 fan like me...I'm researching VW Golf, GTI, looking at hot hatches as a potential replacement, will have to buy something lightly used (lease return)....Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Hope to see you soon online!

Franz in NJ
jochenrindt
jochenrindt

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:18 pm

jochenrindt wrote:Was wondering what you younger guys would recommend as a replacement daily driver for a 49 year old GT5 and F12011 fan like me...I'm researching VW Golf, GTI, looking at hot hatches as a potential replacement, will have to buy something lightly used (lease return)....Any ideas or suggestions?

Mercedes c-class of course. I assume nobody would have expected anything else from me, right? Razz
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  jochenrindt Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:23 pm

vkaifh wrote:
jochenrindt wrote:Was wondering what you younger guys would recommend as a replacement daily driver for a 49 year old GT5 and F12011 fan like me...I'm researching VW Golf, GTI, looking at hot hatches as a potential replacement, will have to buy something lightly used (lease return)....Any ideas or suggestions?

Mercedes c-class of course. I assume nobody would have expected anything else from me, right? Razz

From a fellow NJ German, I could have figured your suggestion! Wish I could afford a C63....

I've got to keep to a pretty tight budget for now, and I'm looking for something European, manual gearbox, with a little bit more performance(or ability to bolt on some things) to keep me from getting too bored....

Thanks and keep the ideas comin'

Franz in NJ
jochenrindt
jochenrindt

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:25 pm

If you're not too big of a guy, I'd say Fiat 500 Abarth Cool
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:53 pm

jochenrindt wrote:I've got to keep to a pretty tight budget for now, and I'm looking for something European, manual gearbox, with a little bit more performance(or ability to bolt on some things) to keep me from getting too bored....

Narrowed it down quite a bit with that batch of criteria. No wonder you had the GTI in mind already. Audi A3 is same car just more expensive. Jetta GLI is same car with a trunk, and possibly cheaper.

I think you should try a Honda Fit first. Only about half the power of a GTI/GLI, but: several hundred pounds lighter, much cheaper to run, slower depreciation, and it's not made in Mexico.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:05 pm

clacksman wrote:
jochenrindt wrote:I've got to keep to a pretty tight budget for now, and I'm looking for something European, manual gearbox, with a little bit more performance(or ability to bolt on some things) to keep me from getting too bored....

Narrowed it down quite a bit with that batch of criteria. No wonder you had the GTI in mind already. Audi A3 is same car just more expensive. Jetta GLI is same car with a trunk, and possibly cheaper.

I think you should try a Honda Fit first. Only about half the power of a GTI/GLI, but: several hundred pounds lighter, much cheaper to run, slower depreciation, and it's not made in Mexico.

As someone that recently went Japanese (Impreza) after being VW (Jetta) for 3 years, based on all those pragmatic things that clacksman just said... but I miss my VW, and will be positively pissed if I discover somebody got 150,000 miles out of it after I gave it up. The little things in the European car I miss. They all sound too trivial to describe, but I scowl every time I come to a stop in the rain and my wipers don't switch into intermittent, or every time I realise I can't turn the car off before I raise all the windows.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Rolex prototypes are hideous.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:49 pm

timneyb wrote:Rolex prototypes are hideous.

The older cars are not pretty, but the Corvette Prototype is pretty sweet.

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 17 2012-Chevrolet-Corvette-Daytona-Prototype-01
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next