DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+20
robiker
redsoxboy80
DudeTuna
SWERV_GRIFFIN
Wiz
Redrkt
AgentWD40_FL
RackAttack
no_affiliations
jochenrindt
ooty
ttourist
group44
timneyb
vkaifh
Wallhugger60
Revengel
clacksman
Forgetful
HWKII
24 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  vkaifh Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:33 pm

ESPN2 is showing a friendly soccer game between Germany and Argentina right now live. I might be the only one watching this in all of NJ but I still appreciate it.

Thanks ESPN Thumbs Up!
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  HWKII Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:55 pm

vkaifh wrote:ESPN2 is showing a friendly soccer game between Germany and Argentina right now live. I might be the only one watching this in all of NJ but I still appreciate it.

Thanks ESPN Thumbs Up!

That sounds like an awesome game actually...

But, what I came here to post was: The best thing I've ever seen on the iRacing forums:

Would be cool to do north vs south shootout
Timothy Finnegan

What does everyone think about doing north vs south shootout, what class, what track, would be great if we had caraway speedway on here but we dont .So the class i think would be fun to do this in is the modified and the track New hampshire, Thompson , Stafford

Response:

Jeremy Paterson

People down here in the south are still a little bitter about the last "North Vs. South" thing... you might not get many takers from down here.

lol! lol!
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Spent Saturday afternoon (really the whole day) down at the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum, some pictures:
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Kid likes cars. Waves to cars. Thinks the parking lot is one of the best parts of any trip. Likes Cars the movie. Drives a formula one car, albeit badly.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Windows 7 installation disc is sitting there taunting me. Stupid work.

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:26 pm

timneyb wrote:Windows 7 installation disc is sitting there taunting me. Stupid work.

It's calling to you Timney... listen... "Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimney... You want to play iRacing on me..."

G-G-g-g-ghost! affraid
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:22 pm

HWKII wrote:
timneyb wrote:Windows 7 installation disc is sitting there taunting me. Stupid work.

It's calling to you Timney... listen... "Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimney... You want to play iRacing on me..."

G-G-g-g-ghost! affraid

What's worse is that I now have a reason to install it for work. The first thing I'll do is load MatLab on it and crunch work video files. Although, I now might be able to call it a work expense. Windows 7 that is, not iRacing. Pretty sure that is sort of the polar opposite of a work expense.

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Find a doctor to tell you you're over-stressed at work, and that you need 40-60 mins of non-work related light cardio. I know a good race gets my heart rate up.

Write off everything. The wheel, monitor, the game...
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:47 am

dem GTA V screens drunken
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:52 am

You know you've got the iRacing bug bad when before you run out to the store you set the timer on your phone so as not to miss the Q session Rolling Eyes HELP!
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:26 pm

group44 wrote:You know you've got the iRacing bug bad when before you run out to the store you set the timer on your phone so as not to miss the Q session Rolling Eyes HELP!

Agree\'d
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Options for this afternoon now reduced to vacuuming or GT5.

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:03 pm

timneyb wrote:Options for this afternoon now reduced to vacuuming or GT5.

I make no comment on how many of your options suck.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:13 pm

my rental car last week had a manual transmission and although I haven't driven a manual in many years I had no issue at all right from getting out of the parking garage.

But now that I'm back in my automatic I caught myself a couple of times over the last few days how I tried to step on the clutch.

Interesting how the human brain works. Idea
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:25 pm

vkaifh wrote:my rental car last week had a manual transmission and although I haven't driven a manual in many years I had no issue at all right from getting out of the parking garage.

But now that I'm back in my automatic I caught myself a couple of times over the last few days how I tried to step on the clutch.

Interesting how the human brain works. Idea

My own car of the last five+ years is a column-shift automatic. One of the previous rides was manual, so between that and the G25 the brainpower to operate it is still there.

Driving my sisters Jeep Liberty (console-shift automatic), I flail my right hand up by the dash in a highly misguided attempt to change gear at least once. This causes passengers (her kid(s), my bro-in-law) to wonder about me.

Driving my friends' manual VW Jetta earlier this week, I initially thought "woo a manual". I started it, released the handbrake, stepped on the clutch, and as I turned my head to prepare to reverse I flailed my right hand up by the dash in another misguided attempt to select gear. This caused his girlfriend to wonder if I was having a stroke.

Sigh.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Driving on the other side of the road. No problem.

Operating manual or automatic transmission with the appropriate hand. No problem.

Go to turn a corner. Turn on the wipers. Every time for about a week after going/returning.

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Forgetful wrote:Gran Am and ALMS to merge for 2014 season!

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/sportscar-alms-grand-am-finalizing-merger

Finally.

... inb4 it's still more than two poorly-subscribed classes
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Owen and I just did a hand brake turn right through some cones at Sarthe, and didn't nudge a cone. There is force in this one.

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:33 pm

timneyb wrote:Owen and I just did a hand brake turn right through some cones at Sarthe, and didn't nudge a cone. There is force in this one.

cheers wave
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Gar529 Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:22 pm

Japan...
Gar529
Gar529

http://GregRussellRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:54 am

timneyb wrote:Owen and I just did a hand brake turn right through some cones at Sarthe, and didn't nudge a cone. There is force in this one.

clacksman likes this. Thumbs Up!
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:09 pm

clacksman wrote:
Forgetful wrote:Gran Am and ALMS to merge for 2014 season!

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/sportscar-alms-grand-am-finalizing-merger

Finally.

... inb4 it's still more than two poorly-subscribed classes

Misspelled 'merger' with all six letters, krek spelling is 'buyout' - including the entire ALMS and the two remaining Panoz-owned tracks (Road Atlanta & Sebring).

http://www.autoextremist.com/fumes1/

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Hmmm... Not sure I agree on dropping the GA GT cars. Isn't the 911 that runs GA the same as the GTC car? Ta-da GT1 and GT2!

This year's ALMS gt is alright, but best ever?
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Forgetful wrote:Hmmm... Not sure I agree on dropping the GA GT cars.

They're no cheaper to run than a DP and all the involved manufacturers (3) power a proto somewhere already.

Isn't the 911 that runs GA the same as the GTC car?

Who cares?

Ta-da GT1 and GT2!

More GT classes is bad. Two is one too many. Two overall classes is one too many.

This year's ALMS gt is alright, but best ever?

GM, BMW, and Chrysler fund a team each and Porsche/Ferrari do some support to their teams one way or another. Five manufacturers in the same place is a lot, worldwide just F1 is stronger in this regard.

Car arguing aside, the real good news is the schedule: 24h Daytona, 12h Sebring, 6h Glen, 10h Road Atlanta and 6h Laguna in one series? Yeah baby.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next