DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Gran Turismo 6 general

+6
SpecMiata-JSW
HWKII
group44
timneyb
Forgetful
clacksman
10 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 5 Empty Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  clacksman Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Forgetful wrote:Dear PD, you can't just fill an event with GT spec race cars and call it the 500PP/600PP World Touring Car Championship...

How about how all the races allow about 100 more pp than the event title indicates? Rolling Eyes

-all brakes are still 5/5
-TCS default 5 in any car you get
-skid rec locked on in various places
-pricing of parts makes not much sense
-insta-black screen before you get a gift car makes you think your tv went off
-AIdiots still brake in response to you being just behind them

Game sucks. Gonna play it all weekend.  Twisted Evil 
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:09 am

clacksman wrote:

Game sucks.  Gonna play it all weekend.  Twisted Evil 

inorite?

Do like the license and career structure, but could have been so much better. Just replace stars with sponsorship/notoriety and make a true driver RPG out of it already. Get offered seats in series' and win the car if you ace the championship... or something like that.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:11 am

Forgetful wrote:Do like the license and career structure, but could have been so much better. Just replace stars with sponsorship/notoriety and make a true driver RPG out of it already. Get offered seats in series' and win the car if you ace the championship... or something like that.

Yeah it's better, but it's still a lot of "pass everyone in 2 laps" tedium. Don't get why stars are in place; you still have to win all of the things. At least it's better than XP.

I'm ready for the whole in-game economy to go away - hand out cars for completing stuff, tuning bits for winning stuff. Have multiple cars to win (GT3-style), or you win a car from the AI field you beat until you've got 'em all.

Haven't spent 10k on tuning yet - three magic racing oil changes, three sets of +2 rimz y0. Basically running tim's hard mode (buy no cars ever unless totally unavoidable), have only bought the Fit that it makes you buy.

Also the cone-murdering coffee breaks suck.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:44 pm

The racing has been made much more ... consumable. 24hr races are now 24 mins. Longest series is 5 races. Only 5 tests per license level. Now with the login bonus there's no need to grind even if you do spend your credits.

I did buy an FR-S and C7 Vette then use them as much as I could, then just used gift cars to do the rest. I bought the Z4 GT3 to do a bunch of the IB stuff and a 908 for the prototype races. I did have to grind a bit for the 908, but that was pre login bouses.

Some highlights are the GT3 Group series (now with 2 wide rolling starts on a road course, not that it will let you do that online) and the GT300/500 series' which are much better than the 500PP/600PP series' I lamented earlier. The organized series actually look somewhat organized and the old lump of random race cars PD throws together (you race a S15 Touring Car in the same event as the McF1s) is really tired.

This Red Bull Jr thing is fun. It's got the crazy grip without the crazy power.

Names from my last race: P.Schuhmacher (sic) and O.Maldonado.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:02 pm

clacksman wrote:
Forgetful wrote:Do like the license and career structure, but could have been so much better. Just replace stars with sponsorship/notoriety and make a true driver RPG out of it already. Get offered seats in series' and win the car if you ace the championship... or something like that.

Yeah it's better, but it's still a lot of "pass everyone in 2 laps" tedium.   Don't get why stars are in place; you still have to win all of the things.  At least it's better than XP.

I'm ready for the whole in-game economy to go away - hand out cars for completing stuff, tuning bits for winning stuff.  Have multiple cars to win (GT3-style), or you win a car from the AI field you beat until you've got 'em all.

Haven't spent 10k on tuning yet - three magic racing oil changes, three sets of +2 rimz y0.  Basically running tim's hard mode (buy no cars ever unless totally unavoidable), have only bought the Fit that it makes you buy.

Also the cone-murdering coffee breaks suck.

Glad you're back in the rig, I was beginning to wonder Razz
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:54 pm

Forgetful wrote:The racing has been made much more ... consumable. 24hr races are now 24 mins. Longest series is 5 races. Only 5 tests per license level. Now with the login bonus there's no need to grind even if you do spend your credits.

I did buy an FR-S and C7 Vette then use them as much as I could, then just used gift cars to do the rest. I bought the Z4 GT3 to do a bunch of the IB stuff and a 908 for the prototype races. I did have to grind a bit for the 908, but that was pre login bouses.

Some highlights are the GT3 Group series (now with 2 wide rolling starts on a road course, not that it will let you do that online) and the GT300/500 series' which are much better than the 500PP/600PP series' I lamented earlier. The organized series actually look somewhat organized and the old lump of random race cars PD throws together (you race a S15 Touring Car in the same event as the McF1s) is really tired.

This Red Bull Jr thing is fun. It's got the crazy grip without the crazy power.

Names from my last race: P.Schuhmacher (sic) and O.Maldonado.

Consumable, or so uselessly easy a monkey could do it?  Still no penalty for shortcutting or ramming.  Dirt doesn't stick to tires, although there is lots of grip on it.  Less licenses are fine, I think they're easier too as I rarely don't gold by a big margin first try (even on new tracks).  I won't miss the 24h jobs but this start-last three-lap crap is as stale as can be.  Goodwood FOS was neat, reminded me of how World Tour worked in 5 ... by the way wat happened to that idea that was a fun way to unlock stuff?

I'm now recycling the old Cheap Turismo ploy of only buying cars I can profit on immediately.  Miata race pays 15k?  Buy the 15k Miata.  Need a car for some open race?  Find a car that fits that series and at least one more (preferably two) serieseses.  Premium interiors required for application, and gotta remember to use new-to-6 cars too as right now half of what I've bought is a clone of something I had in 5.  Derp.

GT3 sounds neat, not there yet though.  I have lurked dealers, hope the GT300 base models are close (to each other if not the 'touring car' crowd) as that's a fun-looking field.

Also Matterhorn is pretty neat.  Spun out from ~230km/h going over a crest.  Pucker factor very high.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm getting break-in with distance no matter if I have original oil or magic GTAuto racing oil in it. Neutral
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:14 pm

Really?  pale 

I have two FR-S' and an 86 'Racing'. 431km, 47km and 41km respectively. All stock, all 208hp, 158.7 ft-lb. I haven't done any engine restorations yet.

I have a C6 ZR1 with 1474km, 670hp, 634.1 ft-lb.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:59 am

clacksman wrote:I'm getting break-in with distance no matter if I have original oil or magic GTAuto racing oil in it. Neutral

Ok, so, already had a white C7 Vette with 110ish km on it. Oil changed and stock 476hp, 483.0 torques, 533PP.

Bought a brand new silver C7. 453hp, 460 torques, 529PP. Oil changed and stock 476hp, 483.0 torques, 533PP.

Took the white one to do some grinding at Like The Wind, Route X. 30ish km per race. Maxed out and fresh the hp was up to 920. Checked it after every race. No changes until I crossed the 300km mark and dropped to 911hp. Pulled the parts, 472hp, 472.2 torques, 532PP at 308.1km. Pit Service oil indicator is still green/Oil is in good condition. Oil changed it's right back to 476hp, 483.0 torques and 533PP.

The only thing I can think of is that it was purchased during version 1.01 and I just haven't run any 1.02 cars far enough, but I think my 86 'Racing' should show something, it's a 1.02 car.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:10 am

c-man, is your PS3 on the interwebs? If not, is it possible that it's not patched at all?

I'd prefer to think that break-in was removed in 1.01 and not the other way around ... Neutral
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:29 am

HWKII wrote:c-man, is your PS3 on the interwebs? If not, is it possible that it's not patched at all?

I'd prefer to think that break-in was removed in 1.01 and not the other way around ... Neutral

This, apparently.  Cars are gaining hp pretty much just like they did GT5 anywhere that's not Arcade Mode.

Just got into iA - the iB final series was neat, it's the first place you get to use Racing tires which are certainly different to Sports tires (the squeal is different, not just the 'feel').  And then in iA pretty well everything is on race tires, good job on the difficulty curve there PD.   Smile 

Also back up your game saves often - got a glitch much like the GT2 garage delete bug (tune some stuff, it goes haywire), lost about 90 mins.   Rolling Eyes
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:55 pm

Hidden Gem Trophy Spoiler:
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:48 am

Forgetful wrote:

heh I was beginning to start wondering where that might be.

It's time for everyone's favourite new game show - "Win ... or Wat"  *cheesy theme music plays*

-They finally fixed Reverse; you can now downshift from 1st to get it.  Win.  So now you can go into button mapping and un-map Reverse as a separate button and make it anything else ...

- ... except the RA menu, which has disappeared.  Wat.

- El Camino is a two-speed trans, aka a powerglide.  Okay.  Use in-car view, and the drivers hand shoves the column shifter and the orange needle on the PRNDL even moves.  Win.

-Nissan GT3 GT-R is the cheapest of the GT3s, and is the only one where you can do the number and colour.  Win.  Get in it, look at the default setup and it's definitely worked on.  Okay.  Try to change the suspension or gearbox, and you can't ... because it doesn't have the customizable racing trans or suspension.  Wat.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:16 pm

clacksman wrote:
Forgetful wrote:

heh I was beginning to start wondering where that might be.

It's time for everyone's favourite new game show - "Win ... or Wat"  *cheesy theme music plays*

-They finally fixed Reverse; you can now downshift from 1st to get it.  Win.  So now you can go into button mapping and un-map Reverse as a separate button and make it anything else ...

- ... except the RA menu, which has disappeared.  Wat.

- El Camino is a two-speed trans, aka a powerglide.  Okay.  Use in-car view, and the drivers hand shoves the column shifter and the orange needle on the PRNDL even moves.  Win.

-Nissan GT3 GT-R is the cheapest of the GT3s, and is the only one where you can do the number and colour.  Win.  Get in it, look at the default setup and it's definitely worked on.  Okay.  Try to change the suspension or gearbox, and you can't ... because it doesn't have the customizable racing trans or suspension.  Wat.

You notice the working clock in the El Camino too?  Cool 

RA menu is back with 1.02
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:46 pm

Forgetful wrote:You notice the working clock in the El Camino too?  Cool 

RA menu is back with 1.02

Yeah but the odometer doesn't. Unlike the Dino, where it does.

Neat.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:39 pm

Finished second in a 15-minute race. Was about four car lengths back of the leader. Who had passed the line before the time ran out and got to do another lap.

Rolling Eyes
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:56 am

Tried a bunch of the new premium vintage stuff.

Spoiler:

Got into S class events.  I like how tire wear and fuel consumption is suddenly on but it doesn't tell you this anywhere.

Used my Z06 LM to try the Sarthe 24m.  Was going well.  Started to really rain at halfway on the lap I was about to pit.  That's cool, maybe the AIdiots won't pit for wets and I can cruise the second 12 minutes.
Then I learned wet racing tires aren't included with dry racing tires.

Went back to do the three iB dirt trials. A stock street Delta (just with ABS and TCS off and the required dirt tires) is hard mode.  Very Happy 
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:03 pm

My gold run of the 3rd 15th Anniversary Seasonal Challenge in the Viper at Spa-Francorchamps.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:57 am

100% GT6.

That took tangibly less time than 100% GT5.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:43 am

clacksman wrote:100% GT6.

Are there Enduros? 24 hours were painful, but I actually enjoyed the 2-8 hour ones the most of all single player in my hard-mode.

Tried the 15th Anniversary #3 seasonal event last night, and did badly with the R8 LMS. I knew from Mr Forgetful that I wouldn't get the time, but I wanted to run it out. Are race cars decidedly harder to drive in GT6? Generally that's a good thing, but not at midnight with a cold.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:11 am

timneyb wrote:
clacksman wrote:100% GT6.

Are there Enduros? 24 hours were painful, but I actually enjoyed the 2-8 hour ones the most of all single player in my hard-mode.

Tried the 15th Anniversary #3 seasonal event last night, and did badly with the R8 LMS. I knew from Mr Forgetful that I wouldn't get the time, but I wanted to run it out. Are race cars decidedly harder to drive in GT6? Generally that's a good thing, but not at midnight with a cold.

S level has a bunch of almost-half-hour races. Hard Mode is definitely available.

I don't think they're that much harder to drive, but there's more physics-related things going on with them so it's much more interesting to run race cars versus in 5.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:10 pm

24hrs are down to 24 mins.

I just have a few Mission races and One-Makes to wrap up.

Orion says he golded the Spa Seasonal with help from my video
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Forgetful wrote:... my video

y u no has custom gauge colours

dey maek u go moar faster

What a Face

Also; Paint chips are not consumed when painting a car or wheels. This makes me happy.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:54 pm

clacksman wrote:
Forgetful wrote:... my video

y u no has custom gauge colours

dey maek u go moar faster

What a Face

Also; Paint chips are not consumed when painting a car or wheels.  This makes me happy.
Serious? Wat? Where you do dat?
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Pause on track, go into the options that also have view darkness, all the way down.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next