DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+20
robiker
redsoxboy80
DudeTuna
SWERV_GRIFFIN
Wiz
Redrkt
AgentWD40_FL
RackAttack
no_affiliations
jochenrindt
ooty
ttourist
group44
timneyb
vkaifh
Wallhugger60
Revengel
clacksman
Forgetful
HWKII
24 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:40 am

And.......my underwear just shrunk.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/03/road-race-special-the-z28-returns-with-ls7-power/

I love manufacturer wars...the public always wins. Smile
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  HWKII Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:20 pm

I am bummed I didn't get a picture of it, but standing outside work yesterday waiting for my bus I saw an Easter yellow Toyota Camry with pink wheels.

clacksman, when did you move to Portland and why didn't you tell me?
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Forgetful wrote:I know Rack has... maybe there's something to it?

Yeah, I spent a few weeks playing with the GTA IV online racing. It was entertaining, but mainly just because I love the floaty driving physics of GTA games. Not something where I was using a racing wheel or anything like that (I doubt that's even supported).
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:34 pm

RackAttack wrote:

Yeah, I spent a few weeks playing with the GTA IV online racing. It was entertaining, but mainly just because I love the floaty driving physics of GTA games. Not something where I was using a racing wheel or anything like that (I doubt that's even supported).

Farcry 3 has driving physics that make you feel downright heroic when driven with a keyboard. And the game has various points around the island where you enter in to point to point, rally style races for cash. Good times. Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:59 pm

No comments or thoughts on the Camaro? Suspect
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:33 pm

I dig the Z/28. Hawt.

The backend is interesting. A departure from the much loved squircles. I guess they ran out when they started putting them on the Vette?
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:13 pm

RackAttack wrote:

GTA Academy would be something.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:41 pm

timneyb wrote:

Speaking of... heard some promising news about US GT Academy 2013 today. Very Happy

And I can neither confirm nor deny that I also heard some GT6 news as well. silent
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:21 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:No comments or thoughts on the Camaro? Suspect

So what the Americans have done here is thought "We need some sophistication.. so they went and talked to the Australians."

Laughing

The Camaro is a good looking, but I can't help but feel it's a bit... desperate. By which I mean, while I think it's an interesting thing, there is 0 chance that I would own one, or imagine myself getting along too well with someone who did... Laughing

This is not just an American car thing, I feel this way about the Evo and any WRX with a tail, etc.

Edited to say: That's not really the car's fault but, I can't help it.

RackAttack wrote:
timneyb wrote:

Speaking of... heard some promising news about US GT Academy 2013 today. Very Happy

And I can neither confirm nor deny that I also heard some GT6 news as well. silent

affraid bounce affraid
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:37 am

RackAttack wrote:
timneyb wrote:

I wonder if we'll ever be allowed to compete again, or if they'll put some stipulation that you aren't allowed to compete for 2 years after you are a finalist, then you are eligible again.

GT6 - PS3 or PS4? Drop a hint or two please. Embarassed

Like most American cars, I love that new Camaro and the new and current Mustang, but I can never see myself owning one. Not sure why, but I don't see it ever happening either.
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:58 am

John, what you need is a FR-S. You're not a high horsepower guy anyways. That way the little guy will have a great car to learn to drive and the car will be old enough to be converted to a racecar for the inevitable Spec Scioyabru Series that will one day replace Spec Miata.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:02 am

Forgetful wrote:John, what you need is a FR-S. You're not a high horsepower guy anyways. That way the little guy will have a great car to learn to drive and the car will be old enough to be converted to a racecar for the inevitable Spec Scioyabru Series that will one day replace Spec Miata.

LOL!! You read my mind. I've been eagle-eye-ing those things since before they were released. 200hp is right up my ally and I'm an import car guy at heart.....it's my economy pocket rocket EG Civic Roots that I can't get away from.
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:10 pm

FR-S / BR-Z is currently the top of the 'dream car' pile for me, in the category of 'Cars I reasonably expect to own one day'. The drop top version especially. Rawr. cat
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:58 am

HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:32 am

I know Rack is in to those, but I think he only has the red ones with the horses on them... bronies Rolling Eyes Wink

Also the url makes it look like a link to a lego model of a USGP team.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:33 am

HWKII wrote:I am bummed I didn't get a picture of it, but standing outside work yesterday waiting for my bus I saw an Easter yellow Toyota Camry with pink wheels.

clacksman, when did you move to Portland and why didn't you tell me?

I ... uh ... wat

RackAttack wrote:

Yeah no wheel support in GTA. It might could use it though, dem physics are good enough to run with.

Forgetful wrote:squircles

lol'd

timneyb wrote:
RackAttack wrote:

Agree\'d
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:55 am

Sweet. Hola.org is allowing me to watch the BTCC on iTV's iPlayer.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Forgetful wrote:I know Rack is in to those, but I think he only has the red ones with the horses on them... bronies Rolling Eyes Wink

LOL - it's not even right how much I laughed at that. I am so referring to Ferrari fans as Bronies from now on... lol!
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:08 am

Forgetful wrote:I know Rack is in to those, but I think he only has the red ones with the horses on them...

Nope, I collect them all, LEGO just happened to have a long running partnership with Ferrari that resulted in a number of them (not that I minded). My first LEGO F1 car was set 8880 circa 1994, the F1 car is the alternate model.

There are still a few out there that I don't have but want. They surface on eBay periodically, usually for more than they retailed for, and already built. If they're in a sealed box, they're $500-$1000. There's a large Williams car, and the non-liveried Silver Champion.

I actually I had no idea this one you guys linked was available. It must've been released within the last 3 weeks or so.

I will own one within a month (what convenient timing to coincide with my birthday!)
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:20 pm

HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:22 am

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:14 am

clacksman wrote:Hey tim:

http://www.highlands.co.nz/

Didn't know of it.

Interesting location. Close to a major ski resort, but otherwise bumblefuck.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:57 am

timneyb wrote:
clacksman wrote:Hey tim:

http://www.highlands.co.nz/

Didn't know of it.

Interesting location. Close to a major ski resort, but otherwise bumblefuck.

Good old cheap, unpopulated land.

Not so much on this bit of road : http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/04/a-night-out-on-town-lapping-the-c1/
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:48 am

clacksman wrote:
Not so much on this bit of road : http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/04/a-night-out-on-town-lapping-the-c1/

So familiar... it's almost as if I'd spent years driving and racing there...
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next