DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+20
robiker
redsoxboy80
DudeTuna
SWERV_GRIFFIN
Wiz
Redrkt
AgentWD40_FL
RackAttack
no_affiliations
jochenrindt
ooty
ttourist
group44
timneyb
vkaifh
Wallhugger60
Revengel
clacksman
Forgetful
HWKII
24 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  HWKII Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:13 pm

RackAttack wrote:I've been playing nothing but Real Racing 3 on my iPhone for about a month now. crazy

lol! My roommate comes in to my room the other day and says, "Oh, I know that track! Can I drive?"

I'm thinking.. wtf.. my roommate saw one race with me, 2011 Spa and ran from the room screaming when Webber passed Alonso in Eau Rouge. Turns out, he got Real Racing 3 for his iPad and has been doing nothing but playing it every night. I was racing at Spa and apparently that's one of the tracks you can play in RR3? He took over my rig for an hour in the Solstice at Spa and he was pretty proud of himself when he completed a lap without crashing. Cool
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  clacksman Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:58 pm

HWKII wrote:rFactor2 seems quite good from the 5 minutes I spent in it.

If you get to the point you feel all typey about it, make a new rF2 thread. Smile
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:30 pm

RR3 has:

MRLS,
Spa,
Suzuka (full, east, west),
Brands Hatch (short only),
Indy (Superspeedway and Road),
Hockenheimring (3 different configs),
Silverstone (Current GP, <2009 GP, East, and National),
Mount Panorama
Melbourne (Fictional? street circuit. Never seen or heard of a street circuit there. No, it's not Albert park)

Mount Panorama is spectacular, can't wait for GT and/or iRacing to have it.

RR3 AI is frustratingly horrible and suicidal ("Oh, you're pulling up next to me on a straight to make a pass down the inside of the next turn? I'll just turn into you with full lock, that should slow you down").

I think I keep playing because it's easy. I don't have to boot the laptop into Windows, hook it up 3 different cords, fire up the wheel, put on my gloves (gotta protect the Alcantara!), and deal with my super stiff brake pedal that is waiting for a part from Germany.
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:15 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:rFactor2 seems quite good from the 5 minutes I spent in it.

If you get to the point you feel all typey about it, make a new rF2 thread. Smile

Might just do that Smile
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:20 pm

RackAttack wrote:RR3 has:

MRLS,
Spa,
Mount Panorama
Melbourne (Fictional? street circuit. Never seen or heard of a street circuit there. No, it's not Albert park).

This makes sense then, he was quite enthralled by my runs of Suzuka West in the Skip Barber. Stood behind me watching my screen for a long while and then went "Hmm..." and walked away. I can only assume he'd figured something out from what I was doing to go off and try it in RR3... Laughing

He also mentioned that for all the shit he gives me driving the Street Stock that oval racing is way more intense and fun than he thought it would be from watching it. I believe he's driving a Porsche 911 RS3.

And he is always telling me about a mountain climbing circuit which I assume is Panorama. I only just looked up the circuit now and it's.. Bathurst... Or is there some other uphill/downhill thing you didn't list? Chris seems quite enamored with that circuit. Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed May 01, 2013 12:23 am

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed May 01, 2013 12:26 am

I want to believe...
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed May 01, 2013 7:25 am

HWKII wrote:And he is always telling me about a mountain climbing circuit which I assume is Panorama. I only just looked up the circuit now and it's.. Bathurst... Or is there some other uphill/downhill thing you didn't list?

You're not the first to wonder if Mount Panorama = Bathurst.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Wed May 01, 2013 11:13 am

RackAttack wrote:RR3 has:

MRLS,
Spa,
Mount Panorama
Melbourne (Fictional? street circuit. Never seen or heard of a street circuit there. No, it's not Albert park)

Mount Panorama is spectacular, can't wait for GT and/or iRacing to have it.

RR3 AI is frustratingly horrible and suicidal ("Oh, you're pulling up next to me on a straight to make a pass down the inside of the next turn? I'll just turn into you with full lock, that should slow you down").

I think I keep playing because it's easy. I don't have to boot the laptop into Windows, hook it up 3 different cords, fire up the wheel, put on my gloves (gotta protect the Alcantara!), and deal with my super stiff brake pedal that is waiting for a part from Germany.

What, no Stowe Circuit?

I'm out.

Smile

Just kidding, maybe I'll give it a shot, I've been hearing a lot about it lately.
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Wed May 01, 2013 11:15 am

PS: That new MX-5. It offends me. I hope the production version is a lot less ugly.

This is coming from a Miata guy whose been a sucker for all things Miata for years. If it needs to grow on me; I've got time, but it may take a lot of time.
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed May 01, 2013 11:52 am

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:PS: That new MX-5. It offends me. I hope the production version is a lot less ugly.

This is coming from a Miata guy whose been a sucker for all things Miata for years. If it needs to grow on me; I've got time, but it may take a lot of time.

Alllllllllllllllllllllffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa drunken
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed May 01, 2013 11:59 am

The production Alfa won't look that good, and despite being entirely built by Mazda, will still manage to be as unreliable as all the other Alfas.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Wed May 01, 2013 1:03 pm

That R&T article is almost a year old, and those were just artist renderings. Is there some new news that indicates that's what the next MX-5 will actually look like?
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed May 01, 2013 5:12 pm

I don't remember any.

Unrelated to the Miata; '03 Ferrari F1 at Laguna Seca driven by Marc Gene https://youtu.be/w7BR0gwt46E?t=59s
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Wed May 01, 2013 6:34 pm

Woohoo, ClubSport Pedal replacement brake upright finally arrived after being shipped from Germany 2 weeks ago (it's a long story as to why I needed one).

Maybe I'll fix my pedals and get back in the saddle tonight.
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Wed May 01, 2013 7:16 pm

RackAttack wrote:Woohoo, ClubSport Pedal replacement brake upright finally arrived after being shipped from Germany 2 weeks ago (it's a long story as to why I needed one).

Excellent What a Face
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed May 01, 2013 7:20 pm

RackAttack wrote:Woohoo, ClubSport Pedal replacement brake upright finally arrived after being shipped from Germany 2 weeks ago (it's a long story as to why I needed one).

HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed May 01, 2013 7:34 pm

HWKII wrote:

lol, my roomates would play that whenever someone emerged from their post-work nap, ready for a night out.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed May 01, 2013 7:40 pm

lol, your roommates sound like good people. Cool
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Wed May 01, 2013 8:35 pm

I remember how cool I felt when I actually had a stereo good enough to hear the horse whinnying in the beginning lol. Great album Cool. I believe I was 17 when it came out and had just moved to California. Good time and place to be a kid lol. My high school was about 5-10 minutes from Riverside Raceway.....all gone now.
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu May 02, 2013 9:33 am

lolcomments

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 39 Lolcom10
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri May 03, 2013 10:58 am

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri May 03, 2013 12:43 pm

I saw the same story on a nonKotaku vidya site, as well as a similar tumblr over the last couple days. Think I caught some sort of cancer from the misspellings.

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri May 03, 2013 3:24 pm

No wonder I'm so slow, I haven't been using one of these.

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 39 Stage_10
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sat May 04, 2013 12:14 am

clacksman wrote:No wonder I'm so slow, I haven't been using one of these.

Red makes it faster. Fact.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next