DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+7
group44
RackAttack
timneyb
clacksman
SpecMiata-JSW
Forgetful
HWKII
11 posters

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  Forgetful Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Awww yeah! 

Thanks to clacksman's dig on the OEM wing I went looking at what else was available. That's how I found the FT86club forums and the FiveAxis wing I want. Just got off the phone with my service department and they'll bring it in and install it for me. I just have to pay the difference between the cost of the OEM wing and the FiveAxis wing. 

That's where I also found the Valenti taillights and the platidip'd cars and learned how to plug the 'sound tube' that pipes induction sound in to the cabin, using the 12 outlet cover from the glovebox. Also got a walkthrough on debadging the trunk
Thumbs Up! 
Good job clacksman.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  clacksman Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Forgetful wrote:Awww yeah! 

Thanks to clacksman's dig on the OEM wing I went looking at what else was available. That's how I found the FT86club forums and the FiveAxis wing I want. Just got off the phone with my service department and they'll bring it in and install it for me. I just have to pay the difference between the cost of the OEM wing and the FiveAxis wing. 

That's where I also found the Valenti taillights and the platidip'd cars and learned how to plug the 'sound tube' that pipes induction sound in to the cabin, using the 12 outlet cover from the glovebox. Also got a walkthrough on debadging the trunk
Thumbs Up! 
Good job clacksman.

lol

Anytime I think I may need a forum for answering dumb question(s) purposes I google "(insert term) forum" and see which one or two are really busy-looking.  ft86club sure looks like that sort of thing ...
Threads: 36,041, Posts: 1,030,029, Members: 36,775
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:17 pm

Members: +1
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:19 pm

That 36,775 was including you ... unless you had to do the capital-I mod again.  Razz
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Woof Geez you're quick

No, got the L and everything.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:25 pm

Forgetful wrote:Woof Geez you're quick

Basketball  3000-post-club-related spamming
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:43 pm

clacksman wrote:
Forgetful wrote:Woof Geez you're quick

Basketball  3000-post-club-related spamming

I have so much catching up to do...

Also, YESSSSSS, Forgetful, I am so happy you found that website and about Plasti-Dip. I'd been seeing guys post about using that stuff to do their whole cars around reddit (Embarassed ... in my defense, they have some pretty good motorsport subreddits) and I couldn't remember what that damn stuff was called.

And no, still have not driven; driver's license got put on the back burner behind a metrique asse tonne of travelling before I moved up to Seattle. I am doing my darndest to see if I can make the clutch on my cousin's 30 year old Nissan pickup catch fire, though. Cool
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Well, if you don't have your license before I get my passport I'll just have to come down there.Cool
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:45 pm

Forgetful wrote:Well, if you don't have your license before I get my passport I'll just have to come down there.Cool

Let's so do this.Cool
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:53 pm

HWKII wrote: reddit (Embarassed ... in my defense, they have some pretty good motorsport subreddits)

My problem with reddit is stuff like r/tulpas. Can't unremember.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Googles tulpas. Neutral 

Anyways, this is funny
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Forgetful wrote:Googles tulpas. Neutral 

I know, right?

Also; HWK not actually driving an actual car well into his twenties is somewhat curious thing for a car enthusiast and race board admin - then I find out there's a Mitsubishi 3000GT in the family garage.  That fully explains the not driving.  

No seriously, they've made about three reliable cars per year throughout their history (I owned one of the three 1991s), and of that array of vehicular ineptitude you buy the most complicated one?  *shakes head*
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:11 pm

Funny, my cousin had a friend in highschool whose dad had won a Dodge Stealth. Kid had no fear and drove it everywhere like they were being chased by the cops. Passing on the shoulder, against oncoming traffic, that kind of stuff. 

To this day my cousin still thinks the 3KGT/Stealths are the best of the 90s Japanese sports cars... Neutral
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:24 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote: reddit (Embarassed ... in my defense, they have some pretty good motorsport subreddits)

My problem with reddit is stuff like r/tulpas.  Can't unremember.

I do not know, nor want to know, what that is.

Avoid all default subreddits at all costs. Subscribe only to things that interest you. Unsubscribe with righteous vengeance from the ones that spam your front page with memes. That's how you reddit. afro
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:32 pm

clacksman wrote:

I know, right?

Also; HWK not actually driving an actual car well into his twenties is somewhat curious thing for a car enthusiast and race board admin - then I find out there's a Mitsubishi 3000GT in the family garage.  That fully explains the not driving.  

No seriously, they've made about three reliable cars per year throughout their history (I owned one of the three 1991s), and of that array of vehicular ineptitude you buy the most complicated one?  *shakes head*

Laughing Actually that car is about 17 years old now and it's had no problems that standard maintenance couldn't resolve.I drove it once when I was 16 going cross country, coming out of Wyoming where the highway is a straight line all the way to the Mississippi river. I hit triple digits and I think that was the slowest we'd been on the whole trip. Repeatedly had it off the speedometer (160) because... no other cars for as far as the eye could see. That 3000GT was also far and away my favorite thing to drive in GT3. ALL THE HORSEPOWERS.

As far as me not driving in to my late twenties, 16-25 went blind. 25 got better. 25-29 mostly lived in Portland, had no need for car since public transport is awesome and also: Inertia.

Living in Seattle again, driving in traffic will suck, but I'll just try to get away from the city as fast as possible during non-peak traffic hours and have fun. Or potentially live further away. Wink
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:56 pm

clacksman wrote:

I know, right?

Curiously, my family has owned 3 Muts (until Mum got her V8 supercars Ford fix), and each lasted until we had to pretty much give them away, but still ran fine. 91 Galant, 90-something L3000 farm truck and 2000s VR-X.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Forgetful wrote:Funny, my cousin had a friend in highschool whose dad had won a Dodge Stealth. Kid had no fear and drove it everywhere like they were being chased by the cops. Passing on the shoulder, against oncoming traffic, that kind of stuff. 

To this day my cousin still thinks the 3KGT/Stealths are the best of the 90s Japanese sports cars... Neutral

lol

HWKII wrote:
clacksman wrote:

My problem with reddit is stuff like r/tulpas.  Can't unremember.

I do not know, nor want to know, what that is.

Avoid all default subreddits at all costs. Subscribe only to things that interest you. Unsubscribe with righteous vengeance from the ones that spam your front page with memes. That's how you reddit. afro

tulpa = imaginary friend

HWKII wrote:Laughing Actually that car is about 17 years old now and it's had no problems that standard maintenance couldn't resolve.I drove it once when I was 16 going cross country, coming out of Wyoming where the highway is a straight line all the way to the Mississippi river. I hit triple digits and I think that was the slowest we'd been on the whole trip. Repeatedly had it off the speedometer (160) because... no other cars for as far as the eye could see. That 3000GT was also far and away my favorite thing to drive in GT3. ALL THE HORSEPOWERS.

As far as me not driving in to my late twenties, 16-25 went blind. 25 got better. 25-29 mostly lived in Portland, had no need for car since public transport is awesome and also: Inertia.

Living in Seattle again, driving in traffic will suck, but I'll just try to get away from the city as fast as possible during non-peak traffic hours and have fun. Or potentially live further away. Wink

lol

Retrace GT2-3-4s Seattle Circuit at some point. What a Face

timneyb wrote:Curiously, my family has owned 3 Muts (until Mum got her V8 supercars Ford fix), and each lasted until we had to pretty much give them away, but still ran fine. 91 Galant, 90-something L3000 farm truck and 2000s VR-X.

No L-trucks in right-side-up land. What's a VR-X?

My Imported For Dodge Mitsushitty/Shitsubishi/Mitsubishit Colt 100DL (white over red cloth interior, hatch, automagic) stopped being worth doing maintenance to with some enormous number of km on it, so I stopped doing anything besides filling fluids ... two years later it still ran fine once it eventually warmed up. Shame about rust general. Damn thing went 160* with three people in it and the air conditioning on, pretty good for a 65hp 1.5 saddled with power steering and a non-lockup three speed automatic transmission.

*km/h counts
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:49 pm

clacksman wrote:
No L-trucks in right-side-up land.  What's a VR-X?

Diamante with bonus few hp and go faster plastic bits.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:32 pm

EuroTruck 2 is in the running for a 75% off sale on Steam, vote now! Razz
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:36 am

clacksman wrote:lol

I walked a lot of it, even parked in a parkade that is at the corner of the left hander on the way up the jumps, when we were there in '01 for a Incubus concert.

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 Turn4
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:50 am

Forgetful wrote:
clacksman wrote:lol

I walked a lot of it, even parked in a parkade that is at the corner of the left hander on the way up the jumps, when we were there in '01 for a Incubus concert.

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 Turn4

Neat.  I made this a few years ago; stadiums keep getting built in the damn way.

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 11 Seattl10
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:07 am

RIP Kingdome
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:37 am

Dropped the FR-S off for its exhaust, air filter, clear bra and paint and interior protection. Holding off on the spoiler while they get my FiveAxis in. That should take about a week to get here. Very Happy
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Didja get that sweet iQ as a loaner?
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:14 pm

funny you should say that, I didn't get a loaner but I did get driven to work by my sales rep in the Aston. Leaving the dealership he whipped it around in a complete turnaround inside of the fairly narrow road outside the dealership to show off the insanely small turning circle. Neat that is. Crazy amount of room inside that thing.

The exhaust is on. It sounds nice. Fairly deep purr at idle, the occasional burble off throttle and a nice rip through the low end. Haven't run her up to the redline yet.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next