DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+20
robiker
redsoxboy80
DudeTuna
SWERV_GRIFFIN
Wiz
Redrkt
AgentWD40_FL
RackAttack
no_affiliations
jochenrindt
ooty
ttourist
group44
timneyb
vkaifh
Wallhugger60
Revengel
clacksman
Forgetful
HWKII
24 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  vkaifh Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:12 pm

we are well inland, Somerset County. Other areas got hit much worse; I'm not aware of any injuries or fatalities around here so it is more of a inconvinience than anything else. Nothing to really complain about. Well, there is one thing: school is out for the whole week and the TV isn't working ... Razz
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  RackAttack Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:58 am

vkaifh wrote:GT Academy show starts on Thursday and the DVR is programmed. Thumbs Up!

Haven't seen or heard from RackAttack in quite a while. I assume that's because he won the thing and is busy preparing for his race career. cheers

I'm around Wink
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:47 am

Way to be fastest in the first driving test. I'd call your agent though, you got the shaft on face time. What a Face
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:48 am

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Local library has power, heat and internet, so here I am today. Me and GTData down until PSE&G gets around to us. All is safe though, just a tad bit chilly.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Glad you've found a way to be safe. May you all get back to normalcy very soon.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:30 am

Wat g said.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Lever pulled, now we wait...
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:46 pm

I shall celebrate your American election by spilling the blood of redcoats. Ninja
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:08 am

Forgetful wrote:I shall celebrate your American election by spilling the blood of redcoats. Ninja

... Why... you murder... Englishmen? scratch

Oh well, it's a party! cheers
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:16 am

ACIII is teh fun What a Face
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:46 am

Forgetful wrote:ACIII is teh fun What a Face

Check out Empire: Total War.

Soooooooo good. I love you
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:26 pm

I just saw a TV ad for ACIII. Does look good. As does this: https://youtu.be/Vzue74y7A84
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:35 pm

ACIII is about as deep as RDR. There's a lot of side missions and mini games and better hunting, it's a beautiful and HUGE map and the main story is decent. It's Assassin's Creed, so the climbing and fighting is what it is, you either love it or hate it. I love it. It has its flaws, but when you get in to a rhythm countering attacks and go on a 5 kill combo, then grab a guy to use as a human shield against a line of muskets, it's pretty satisfying.

Also, Naval missions are hella fun.

Cons. Some of the voice acting isn't great. That's not what I would imaging George Washington would sound like, and there are a couple of accentless brits. Some of the missions are a series of runs across the map. There's some fast travel spots, but they're not available in missions. There are tunnels under the cities, so there are plenty of fast travel points in Boston and New York, but in the frontier, which is the biggest map, there are only 5 and they're on the corners, one in the center. Not great. The controls can be clumsy sometimes, and the free-running can be a little too quick to climb up something you didn't mean too, especially in chase missions.

ACII was the easiest platinum trophy I've got. That won't be the case with this game as there are some very demanding optional objectives in the missions, which means I will probably be going back to try a lot of them to complete the mission right.

Yeah V. bounce We're bouncing now? alien
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:20 am

Forgetful wrote:Yeah V. bounce We're bouncing now? alien

Yeah we bouncin' nao

bounce bounce bounce bounce What a Face

Not just because it's ~350% the map size of RDR or that we're three dudes instead of one. Shocked

Also LA Noire is an easy plat too.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Nationwide at Mid-Ohio instead of Montreal next year? Neat.
Trucks on dirt for the first time at Eldora, and road racing for the first time in a decade at Mosport? Nneeaatt.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Danica's single... Twisted Evil
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Forgetful wrote:Danica's single... Twisted Evil

Mmm Danica... so hot, so talented... So hot. Twisted Evil
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:10 am

HWKII wrote:

You really do have poor eyesight ...
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:27 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:

You really do have poor eyesight ...

lolwut scratch Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:39 pm

Internet back, GTData back, desire to race getting there.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:13 pm

timneyb wrote:Internet back, GTData back, desire to race getting there.

GTData confirmed as working. Very Happy

The sports TV landscape is looking pretty bleak until racing and baseball get back going.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:33 am

Voice guy on WTCC : meh
New voice guy on BTCC : Very good, and even complements Tim Harvey well.
New-look DTM : bleh, same old lousy-sounding V8s as last year.
New voice guy on GT1 : maybe good but championship pretty much died off midway through.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 am

Ah, good ole off season re-airs. My DVR is working late nights to keep up with it all.

I did catch some WTCC and DTM this summer, so agree'd on the two commentators. Haven't heard the BTCC bloke yet.

Did you hear their bringing GT3 cars the the World Challenge? Not that I watch World Challenge any more cause no one broadcasts it up here, but ew 3 classes of GT and Touring cars on track.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Forgetful wrote:Did you hear their bringing GT3 cars the the World Challenge? Not that I watch World Challenge any more cause no one broadcasts it up here, but ew 3 classes of GT and Touring cars on track.

Yes and agreed. Also Z4GT in ALMS next year apparently.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next